Skip to main content

My new bikini

Scroll down for english, please!


Eu sei que estamos no Outono, e que este tipo de roupa começa a não se encaixar, mas por aqui os dias continuam quentes, talvez ainda o consiga continuar a vestir. Se não estou errada, comecei a costurar este biquíni em Fevereiro de 2016. Estávamos em pleno inverno e senti necessidade de começar alguma costura de verão. Vai-se lá entender! Acontece que entretanto o verão veio e passou, e o biquíni ficou por terminar. Permaneceu guardado no seu saco, na minha caixa de projectos inacabados. Esqueci-me dele. 

I know this is Autumn already, and that this isn't the most appropriate season's clothes but days are still so warm around here I still might use it yet. If I'm not completely wrong, I started sewing this bikini around February 2016. It was winter around here and I felt the need to start sewing for summer. Go figure! It happens that summer came and went and no bikini was finished back then. It was kept in a bag, inside my wip projects instead. I forgot about it.  


Depois, houve um dia mais recentemente, em que tínhamos planos de ir à praia, e mesmo antes de partir eu tinha um par de horas livres. De repente, vindo do nada a ideia de terminar o biquíni atingiu-me ao olhar para os meus fatos de banho e não sentir vontade de usar nenhum deles (inclusive um feito por mim também). Assim que o terminei e poucas horas depois já o estava a aproveitar em acção.

Then one day recently, we had plans to spend the day at the beach, but before we left, I had a couple of hours free. Somehow the thought of finishing the bikini hit me out of the blue, as I opened my swimwear drawer and didn't feel like any of those I already had (including a handmade one). So finish it I did, and enjoyed it in action just a few hours later. 


Usei um molde do nº 564 (Nov. 2006) da revista Manequim. O molde é o nº 505 e eu fiz o tamanho PP. Deveria ter feito o tamanho P para a parte de baixo, porque sinto-a um pouco apertada. Deveria também ter deixado menos espaço na frente, pois parece-me demasiado "descascado" para o meu gosto. Está nos planos encurtar um pouco a distancia entre as duas copas.

I used a Manequim pattern, from edition number 564 (nov. 2006). It is pattern 505 and I made a XS size. I should have done a S for the bottom though, it feels a bit tight. I also think the space left in the front of the top is too wide and I plan to fix that anytime. 


Como eu sou um bocado para o lisa nas frentes, não parece fazer grande mossa, ainda assim prefiro dar o jeito. Dá para vestir assim, fica tudo onde deve e nada de fora. E claro, adoro o tecido que usei. Já tinha feito um fato de banho para menina que nunca cheguei a publicar no blog, mas que partilhei sim no IG. Este tecido é um horror para costurar (a minha máquina saltou uns pontinhos como dá para ver na foto acima, mas já estava tão fartinha que fingi nem ver), mas vale mesmo a pena, mesmo porque é bastante resistente.

I think because I am too flat it doesn't make much of a difference but I still prefer to change it. It is wearable though, keeping everything in place. And I love the fabric of course. I had already made a little girls swimsuit with it, but only shared on IG. This fabric is hell to be sewn (my machine skipped a few stitches as you can see in the photo above, but I was so over it already that I just pretended I wasn't seeing it), but it's so worth it and it is quite resistent too. 


Ambas as peças estão forradas com um outro tecido que costumo usar como forro (como aqui e aqui) porque apesar de ser lindo, é de fraca qualidade, demasiado fino e depressa perde as suas cores vivas e lindas. É uma pena, foi uma má compra.

Both pieces are lined, and for that I used that other fabric I usually use for lining (as here and here) because although it is so pretty, it is also from a bad quality, too light and easily looses its pretty colors. It's such a shame, I know! 


Levei-o de férias há um par de semanas, e só vos posso dizer que o adoro imenso! É mesmo o meu novo biquíni preferido. Gosto especialmente do formato e como assenta a parte de baixo. E vocês? Já fizeram alguma roupa de banho ou ainda não se atreveram?

It went with me on holidays a couple of weeks ago, and I love it so much! It seriously is my new favorite bikini. I especially love the shape and fit of the bottoms. What about you? Have you ever sewn a swimwear piece or have you not dare too yet? 

Comments

  1. Uhhh sexy! ;)
    Ficou tão giro!!
    Foi projecto que ainda nem consegui pensar nele, ainda não me sinto preparada, mas lá chegarei ;)
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha obrigado Ana!
      Eu adorei-o, já devia era ter feito antes.
      Tens de experimentar, é mais fácil do que pode parecer.
      beijinhos

      Delete
  2. Lindo! O corte e o tecido! :) Beijinho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosto muito do modelo, principalmente da parte de baixo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekly Refashion Share #1 |FREE pattern & tutorial|

If you're looking for the giveaway, please click HERE

A couple of months ago I made these two onesies for my baby boy. You can read more about them by clicking each photo.
They were both refashions from t-shirts, and ever since I made them, I've been wanting to share a tutorial. But not only a tutorial, you can have a FREE pattern, the one I drafted for my own. If you are expecting a baby, or have someone close to you that is, this would make a great gift, so go ahead, grab the PATTERN, print it and let's start sewing. 
Note before you start: - Some pattern pieces need to be taped together. In order to do that, you have to match the number on the pattern and letters A to B. Example: piece 4A to piece 4B. Tape them matching the symbols on both pieces.  - I didn't realise it, but I've added two star pattern pieces, but just one is enough, of course. It is an optional add.  - All seams are 1/4" except for sleeves hem, which are 1" long.  - Just one more t…

Pocket Sling Tutorial

Back in September, I guest posted for Tasha over I Seam Stressed, while she was adjusting to her new life as mom of two. For that post, I've put up a tutorial on how to do your own pocket sling. Today's, I am bringing it home, since all we think about now is Christmas and all the handmade presents we have to make, i think this should be a good idea to gift a new mom or a pregnant relative/friend in your life. Enjoy!

Since my appearence here is due to Tasha's baby boy's birth, I thought I'd come up with something every mom should have. Especially when they are still newborns (even though I used mine until my little one was around one year old, then she just wanted to walk everywhere and we slowly left it aside). I am talking about a baby pocket sling, of course.


I prefer pocket slings over ring slings by far, it gives me a better sense of security, but that might be just me. And today I will share a tutorial on how to do your own.


So, the first thing you have to do is…

The Dreaming of Spring Blazer |FREE PDF Pattern| day 1 of the Sew along

EDITED: You have until the 30th of November to link your blazer to the flickr group to have a chance to win a free pattern for the Bubble Shorts pattern by DoGuincho. Read more about it here.

If you are new to my blog, you might not know that I have promised to share a pattern for the blazer I made my daughter when I competed in the Sew Off. If you were following already back then, well, I am sorry I kept you waiting for so long. If you haven't yet, you might want to check out the blazers my friend testers made. You'll love them, I'm so sure!

It was about time to give something back, since I've been getting so much from this wonderful sewing community, and keep up with my word. After all, I've always heard it's better late than never, right? And it's FREE so: please don't complain.

This pattern will fit a 18 months to 2 year old, but I believe it has space to grow - especially on the sleeves department. I guess it really depends on your child. Mine was…