2015-02-04

Kids Clothes Week |day 3|


On the third day, I was able to have something finished. Even with plumbers breaking my walls, working all day around, and everything. Of course I still feel very satisfied. I am facing the truth though, I won't be able to do everything I dreamed of, but that's fine. I am keeping the goal of sewing for at least one hour every day, just to make things right this time (I always sign for KCW, but most often I don't follow the rules). 


Let's move on though. The outfit for my baby boy is now complete. I used a men's XL shirt (dark green) and just a few pieces for details and contrast from a women's XXL shirt, for the two pieces. So... 


The Shirt
I used the Rowan Tee pattern from Titchy Threads, and I did a different version from the previous ones I made (one for the test, one of the tour). I was happy that my baby already fits the smaller size (6-12M) and I got to make a boy version this time, and also try the hooded one since I messed up with it when I did the test. I used the original hem for the front and back pieces, and did a regular hem on the sleeves. I used a zig zag stitch in all my seams because I was too lazy to switch to the twin needle. This version has a kangaroo pocket on front, which is a feature of the Rowan that I hadn't try before. I've added patches in the elbows because I love the look and I thought the contrast fabric should be seen a bit more than just in the hood lining. I thought it would be bigger on him, but apart from the sleeves that are still too long, just like every shirt on him, even rtw, it fits great. 


The Pants
That's not much to say about it... I was able to save the original men's shirt sleeves after cutting all the pieces for the rowan, so I knew I had to make a matching pair of pants. I used a rtw pair to draft the pattern and make this one. After finishing I thought it'd be a bit too large on him, but apparently he's bigger than I think he is and it was the perfect fit. I added patches on the knees too - or so I hoped, they are a little off. Again, because I wanted the lining fabric from the hood to stand out too. I was afraid that by making both pieces with the same fabric it'd turn out too boring, so I patched everything away. The fit was spot on. 

What about you? Have you been sewing along KCW? What are you working on right now?

13 comments:

  1. Esta edição foi feita para ti ;-) e o resultado final está excelente :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, és sempre tão querida! <3 Obrigado!

      Delete
  2. A Maria tem razão... acabas sempre com peças maravilhosas e isso não acontece por acaso! :-) Adoro ... e essas bochechas lindas que só dão vontade de umas trincas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Patrícia. As bochechinhas do meu bebé são mesmo apetecíveis, hehehe, e é tão bom quando as vem encostar a mim, é tão mimoso!!!

      Delete
  3. Ficou uma fatiota super gira! Adoro a cor, que não é muito usual em roupa de criança, mas eu sou daquelas que gosta de ver os miúdos vestidos de preto (manias!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Diana. Eu também não sou exemplo no que toca a vestir os miúdos com cores usuais em criança. Não são manias, são gostos e estilos e ainda bem que os há para todos.

      Delete
  4. Este KCW foi mesmo feito à tua medida, Magda!
    E ele fica tão fofo com o fato novo. Lindos (fato e S.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Ana! Gostei mesmo desta edição, principalmente por ter visto tantaaaa gente a reutilizar e a criar coisas magnificas. Eu sou suspeita, claro, mas gosto mesmo muito de o ver com esta roupinha.

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

stay connected

Subscribe by Email