2015-03-11

My first Geranium

Now that I know my friend has recieved it, I am already free to blog about one of the cutest little dresses I've made lately, without spoiling the surprise. A little Geranium, newborn size for my friend's baby girl. 


This pattern was on my to do list for quite a while, but because I only have the free version, I had to wait until I had a newborn girl to sew it for. I was so happy when I knew my friend A. was having a daughter, I knew I'd be making this one for her. 


So, baby L. is born and over a month old already. How come?! And I'm so sad they live so far, I won't be able to see her wearing this. But I hope she wears it (she's big!!). I made the pattern my own and didn't even look at the instructions, so please don't ask me feedback on that. I really only used the pattern pieces. I've added a peter pan collar, well, actually I've appliqué it. It's a fake collar, sewn into the dress, only in the front. I added a vintage button in the middle (I know her mommy would appreciate the vintage look!). These buttons, came from a thrift market and I've been saving them for a special piece. Here they are now. 


I skipped the pockets on my own. And fully lined the dress. Instead of a regular hem I decided to make it a little bubble and I couldn't be happier about it. 


The dress closes at the back with two of the same buttons I used in the front. Don't you just love this fabric? I know I do. It was part of a box full of goodies that I got from sweet Maria around Christmas time. I still have a little left. Wondering what I can use it for, but I know I'll find something special, sooner or later. 

16 comments:

  1. Adoro o Geranium.... Ja fiz tantos! E este verao pelo menos um vou ter que fazer! Fcou lindo! Adoro o tecido! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Há muito tempo que tinha este molde na lista dos afazeres, não comprei o molde, tenho apenas o grátis. E gostei muito de o fazer. Talvez um dia me decida finalmente a comprar com todos os tamanhos. Por enquanto, ainda tenho muitos mais para experimentar e não vale a pena ter mais um na pilha dos que já cá cantam... lol
      A Maria tem muito bom gosto, enviou-me 3 peças de tecido e adorei cada um deles.

      Delete
  2. Está lindo Magda! Gosto de tudo, desde o tecido, à gola ao botão :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Patrícia! A mamã da L. disse-me que também gostou muito, fiquei super feliz. Quero costurar mais para a princesa que é super fofa!!! =D

      Delete
  3. I saw your comment on my blog and I became curious :-) Indeed the fabric looks very similar. This dress is so cute. It should have been nice for the daughter I don't have ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O vestido ficou tão querido :-) Gosto tanto e fico feliz por teres utilizado o tecido numa peça tão especial :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Maria. =D este era daqueles tecidos que me custava só de pensar em meter tesoura. hehehe... mas ainda bem que o fiz, gostei tanto do mini vestido final.

      Delete
  5. I like the bubble dress addition Magda. I've made this pattern several times & it always turns out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. The simpliest patterns are sometimes the best. We know they work and fit, and can always personalize them, right?!

      Delete
  6. Que sortuda essa bebé! :) :) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ficou tão fofo... e o tecido é lindo! Perfeito!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado Diana! A Maria tem um super bom gosto!

      Delete
  8. Just darling, Magda!!! I love the little 5 sided buttons and the addition of the faux Peter Pan collar at the front is so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

stay connected

Subscribe by Email