both from the hubby
While competing in the Refashion Runway, I had a rough week with the peplum theme, as you can read here. Not only were we sick, I didn't like the theme - and still don't -, my camera wasn't working (hence this cell phone pictures inside the house) and I couldn't be less pleased with what I created.
I overcame all these though, and started from 0 in order to feel satisfied about what I was doing. I then did the peplum shorts and felt so much better about it. I wasn't confident enough though and just like I thought, I didn't make it through that week.
I still sewed for the leather refashion themed week, but it didn't even make it to the competition. That's ok though. I wanted to sew along the Halloween theme, but I've been going round and round with some witch costumes ideas for the little miss... the problem, I want something different, and can't decide on what to do. I'm glad I wasn't competing anymore, those ladies blew me away with their costumes!!! and gave me so great ideas too
So, today I just wanted to share the master fail, the one I didn't like, didn't want to use in the competition.
Besides, hubby's shirts were all that big and this was far from modest for me, a mom of a two year old that often has to bend to pick her up... there's no way I am wearing it out any time soon (or ever!).
And how did I mke it? Well, that's the easy part...
I've started with the black t-shirt. I've cut it about half and used the top to create the bust from my new dress. To cut and shape it I used a corset I found on a thrift market a few months ago, and then I cut the back on-the-eye!
Then I cut the other shirt about half way too, and used the bottom part to make the skirt of the dress. For that eefect I just had to slightly round the top of the rectangle. I've sewn front and back from the top together, then front and back from the skirt together. With the remaining piece (bottom) from the black t-shirt, I created the peplum. I've folded it in half and cutting like on the first picture in the second raw. I wanted to create an assimetrical look for the peplum (one of the things I've regreted after). I then pinned the peplum to the skirt and stitch really close to the edge. Finally I pinned top and skirt together. With the pieces of the shirt I still had leaft, I created tops (using the original neckline) and attached to the bust and back. Sewed on shoulders and that it. I left the arm holes unfinished, it doesn't fray and I kinda like the look.
And that's it! The one that didn't make it and why!