2013-04-29

KCW day 8 and still working...

Just like I said I would, I've worked on my WIP Kid's Clothes Week, but I couldn't blog about it, since I left to Spain. I arrived yesterday almost at midnight, so no sewing or blogging, I just went straight to bed. 
So, the reason why I am still talking about day 6 is clear now. 
I managed to put a few pieces together, cut the remaining pieces, chose my buttons (although I have changed my mind already). 


Today's the 8th and last day of the KCW, and I've been working on my piece again. There's not much left to do, since I was able to bassicaly finish the back of the dress, and I am just three stitches away from finishing the front. Then I have to put them together, add button holes and buttons, and add a fabric band... where? You'll be able to find out when I'm done. 


I just wanted to show you all this because I will try to finish it later today, but I am not sure if I will be able to, so you can see what I've done so far. 

Baby G. is napping and I don't want to wake her up with the sewing machine's noise. I can use my machine in the evening when she's sleeping, it doesn't bother her, but apparently it does when she naps. She allows me to sew a little when she's up too, so that's great. What about you, sewing mammas? When do you find the time to sew when your little ones are around?!

4 comments:

  1. The romper is looking great!
    I am so lucky to that my boys take a long nap! This is when I get most of my sewing done. Sometimes I will stitch away after they are in bed for the night, but I have found that my seam ripper is my best friend if I am sewing late, (that is when I tend to make stupid mistakes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pff.. I couldn't finish =( I only added the buttons and felt too tired to do anything else. Mine naps for about 2h daily, and a while ago she would easier fall asleep to the sound of the machine, but recently she woke up twice when I tried to sew while she napped, so I am a liitle scared to wake her again and rather sew when she's up or in the evening.

      Delete
  2. Hi Magda! it looks really nice!
    Luckily I can sew with the machine when my Baby naps!! But there's no way I can do something when she's awake!!
    Muchos besitos!!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I so wanted to finish it in time for the KCW, but I couln't =(
      I'm lucky that she allows me to sew when she's up too... un abrazo Ingrid!

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

stay connected

Subscribe by Email