2012-08-23

One shirt: two new pieces

After realising I needed to get myself some new summer clothes, I immediately started looking in my bins what could I eventually turn into something usuful, instead of having it there, occupying my precious space. I made the stripped black and white skirt out of the top as I showed you here, and then I tried to imagine other new clothes out of those standing there. 
I started a dress refashion, but then it was left undone for so reason. Instead of finishing the dress, I turned into a brown granny shirt - as I called it the minute I saw it. I liked the fabric, and kept it just because. 

A few days ago, I found a waist band my sister had cut off from a pair of pants a while ago, and had given to me to make something-I-didn't-and-can't-even-remeber-what-it-was. 

So, I thought that waist band colour did in fact match the ugly brown shirt and, yes-yes I turned them both into a new skirt for myself. I had to sew the waist band in order to fit my oh so damn small waist... 

 ... and then I just sewed the two  pieces together. Oh I had made a straight cut on the shirt, right under the arm holes, so I got a rectangle left. Serge it and that's it. A new skirt done.

But, I was left with two entirely sleeves. What would I do? That's an easy one, right? A  new pair of pants for my princess. Those turned out a little short for her, but who cares? This is walk-around-the-house clothes anyway. 
On top of the photo, I am wearing it with a tank top and using the waist band on the waist. 
On the rest of the photos, I wear the skirt as if it was a dress. I have a tank top on, and the waist band is right under the breast, then I used a brown belt on the waist and kinda made a dress too. 
Can you see my cat looking just like me on the second photo? hehe


2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! The skirt looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much dear! You're too!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

stay connected

Subscribe by Email