2014-06-05

Boy's Wallet for my nephew

With Children's Day approaching (last June 1st), I started planning my nephew and nieces presents. I couldn't afford buying them much, but when you sew, that's not a big problem, right?! I've shared the Firecracker dresses I made for the little niece and the older niece. Today, here's the little something I made for the boy. First I thought about sewing some clothes for him too, but I am pretty sure the last measurements I took from him would no longer fit. He's 8 and a half right now and maybe it would be fun to make him a wallet for him to keep his stuff. I used Noodlehead's tutorial to make it. I had seen it around long ago and always been wanting to try it. For the main fabric, I used faux leather, some leftovers from a jacket from his mother. And for the lining I used scraps from a vintage sheet (I've been using this in oh so many projects...) and tried to embellish it a little on the outside. I used a piece of dark brown felt and some metalapplications... the stupid thing? I was so focused on getting it sewn in the front of the wallet, that of course, I did it on the back! lol... I was lazy to unpick it all and do it all again... so as it was it stayed!


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for linking up with Tuesday Sews at PiePie Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great idea for a boy. And I never would have noticed the detail was on the back if you didn't mention it. Thanks for linking up at Inspire Us Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm glad you were finally able to make this project! I like the little details of the metal applications and the strip- very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

stay connected

Subscribe by Email