Skip to main content

Refashion Month with Diana Pais

Scroll down for english, please!


A Diana diz que a reciclagem de roupa está muito fora da sua zona de conforto, ainda assim, para mim, a Diana é uma grande inspiração e eu tinha de a desafiar outra vez. Ela inspira-me, não só na forma divertida como costura para os filhos e para ela, mas também pela sua personalidade, o seu empenho naquilo que quer e faz feliz. Para quem estava fora da sua zona de conforto, digam lá se ela não se saiu tão bem? 

Diana says she's way out of her comfort zone when it comes to refashioning, still, she is a great inspirations for me and I really needed to challenge her again. She inspires me, not only through her fun way to sew for her kids and herself, but also through her personality, and her efforts in whatever she wants and makes her happy. For someone who was feeling out of her comfort zone, she did pretty good, didn't she? 

º º º 

Hi everyone! I'm Diana from the blog Miss Castelinhos. I'm very happy to be a part of House of Estrela's Refashion Month for the second time. I always admire Magda's skills to transform old clothes into something new. Refashion is very much out of my confort zone. Last year I made a shirt for my son, so this year I wanted to try something for myself. I had an old dress from a fast fashion brand... not to name names... it starts with a Z, ends with an A and it has AR in the middle... but that's not important! ;D The dress didn't fit me around the hips anymore, so I thought it could work as a blouse.
  RefashionMonth2016-02

The transformation was very easy! I simply cut the dress above the stripes and used the remaining fabric to make the sleeves.
  RefashionMonth2016-01

The sleeves have quite a dramatic look to it. I gathered them a bit and attached to the armscye.
  RefashionMonth2016-03

And that was it! Because the sleeves were made with the bottom of the dress I kept the original hemline. The only thing left to do was the hem around the waistline.
  RefashionMonth2016-03

If you're anything like me and are not sure if you can transform a piece of clothing, this is an easy start. Just grab an old sleeveless dress, cut the bottom off and add some sleeves. You can't go wrong! :D Thank you so much for having me Magda!

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekly Refashion Share #1 |FREE pattern & tutorial|

If you're looking for the giveaway, please click HERE

A couple of months ago I made these two onesies for my baby boy. You can read more about them by clicking each photo.
They were both refashions from t-shirts, and ever since I made them, I've been wanting to share a tutorial. But not only a tutorial, you can have a FREE pattern, the one I drafted for my own. If you are expecting a baby, or have someone close to you that is, this would make a great gift, so go ahead, grab the PATTERN, print it and let's start sewing. 
Note before you start: - Some pattern pieces need to be taped together. In order to do that, you have to match the number on the pattern and letters A to B. Example: piece 4A to piece 4B. Tape them matching the symbols on both pieces.  - I didn't realise it, but I've added two star pattern pieces, but just one is enough, of course. It is an optional add.  - All seams are 1/4" except for sleeves hem, which are 1" long.  - Just one more t…

Pocket Sling Tutorial

Back in September, I guest posted for Tasha over I Seam Stressed, while she was adjusting to her new life as mom of two. For that post, I've put up a tutorial on how to do your own pocket sling. Today's, I am bringing it home, since all we think about now is Christmas and all the handmade presents we have to make, i think this should be a good idea to gift a new mom or a pregnant relative/friend in your life. Enjoy!

Since my appearence here is due to Tasha's baby boy's birth, I thought I'd come up with something every mom should have. Especially when they are still newborns (even though I used mine until my little one was around one year old, then she just wanted to walk everywhere and we slowly left it aside). I am talking about a baby pocket sling, of course.


I prefer pocket slings over ring slings by far, it gives me a better sense of security, but that might be just me. And today I will share a tutorial on how to do your own.


So, the first thing you have to do is…

The Dreaming of Spring Blazer |FREE PDF Pattern| day 1 of the Sew along

EDITED: You have until the 30th of November to link your blazer to the flickr group to have a chance to win a free pattern for the Bubble Shorts pattern by DoGuincho. Read more about it here.

If you are new to my blog, you might not know that I have promised to share a pattern for the blazer I made my daughter when I competed in the Sew Off. If you were following already back then, well, I am sorry I kept you waiting for so long. If you haven't yet, you might want to check out the blazers my friend testers made. You'll love them, I'm so sure!

It was about time to give something back, since I've been getting so much from this wonderful sewing community, and keep up with my word. After all, I've always heard it's better late than never, right? And it's FREE so: please don't complain.

This pattern will fit a 18 months to 2 year old, but I believe it has space to grow - especially on the sleeves department. I guess it really depends on your child. Mine was…