Skip to main content

Thrift Shopping

picture origin
On the last Sunday of every month, there is a second hand market on a small village nearby. I use to go there because I love to find some little treasures. Sometimes I go there searching for a specific item, but most of the time I just go and look at all the beautiful things I (unexpectedly) find there. 

Last month I went searching for cheap knits to make baby G. her Carnival outfit - ooppppsss I still haven't bloged about that - and we were there again today. The two of us. 

Most of all I went searching for thrift clothing. I didn't care much of the sizes because I was mainly interested in getting some knits and some colours I needed. Those colours were emerald and mustard. I did find the green, and there was a shirt in yellow but not quite refashionable for me, so I passed. Sadly is not an easy colour to find there, maybe next month. 

 

What did I buy there?! Let's see... 

1 - An amazing short brown dress |2€| and it's an S... how lucky I was?! Still I think I might have to take a few inches on the sides to perfectly fit my slim figure

2 - This caught my eye because it was red... with polka dots! Yay, it made my day even before I discovered it was actually a corset! I l o v e corsets. It's an M, and I might have to re-do very boring seams but it is worth is. It looks almost new and it says me me me all over it! |2€|

3 - If there is something I love after polka dots, it has to be stripes. Me buying this shirt came after I seen the number 8 girl's shirt. I thought they were just a perfect match for me to create a mom and daughter look. I don't do that for far too long. |1€|

4 - I just loved this top and got it. |#4+#7+#8 = 1€|

5 - As I've already mentioned above, this shirt had the green I found. I first wanted it for a refashion, I loved the lace around the collar, and it's elastic, but it looks so beautiful as it is, that I might keep it like that or if maybe, just do a little upcycling on it. |1€|

6 - Dark blue shirt. It's an M but fits me well. Will keep it as it is. I found out I'm trying to find my own style (STILL!!! shame on me!) and I need a few basics to compose my dreamed looks (I swear I am trying!). |1€|

7 - A 8 year old sized skirt, absolutely to refashion into something for G.  |#4+#7+#8 = 1€|

8 - As said on number 3.  |#4+#7+#8 = 1€|

Total cost of my finds was 8€
Not bad, right?! 

Now let's hope I won't take too long to fix/refashion whatever I have to from this list, because I am not suposed to get any new stash into my thin, remember? I think I've been working quite well into it so far! Wish me luck! hehehe

Comments

  1. Really cute stuff--can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara. I have a few ideas =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to read it.
Leave your URL too, so I can visit you.

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekly Refashion Share #1 |FREE pattern & tutorial|

If you're looking for the giveaway, please click HERE

A couple of months ago I made these two onesies for my baby boy. You can read more about them by clicking each photo.
They were both refashions from t-shirts, and ever since I made them, I've been wanting to share a tutorial. But not only a tutorial, you can have a FREE pattern, the one I drafted for my own. If you are expecting a baby, or have someone close to you that is, this would make a great gift, so go ahead, grab the PATTERN, print it and let's start sewing. 
Note before you start: - Some pattern pieces need to be taped together. In order to do that, you have to match the number on the pattern and letters A to B. Example: piece 4A to piece 4B. Tape them matching the symbols on both pieces.  - I didn't realise it, but I've added two star pattern pieces, but just one is enough, of course. It is an optional add.  - All seams are 1/4" except for sleeves hem, which are 1" long.  - Just one more t…

Pocket Sling Tutorial

Back in September, I guest posted for Tasha over I Seam Stressed, while she was adjusting to her new life as mom of two. For that post, I've put up a tutorial on how to do your own pocket sling. Today's, I am bringing it home, since all we think about now is Christmas and all the handmade presents we have to make, i think this should be a good idea to gift a new mom or a pregnant relative/friend in your life. Enjoy!

Since my appearence here is due to Tasha's baby boy's birth, I thought I'd come up with something every mom should have. Especially when they are still newborns (even though I used mine until my little one was around one year old, then she just wanted to walk everywhere and we slowly left it aside). I am talking about a baby pocket sling, of course.


I prefer pocket slings over ring slings by far, it gives me a better sense of security, but that might be just me. And today I will share a tutorial on how to do your own.


So, the first thing you have to do is…

The Dreaming of Spring Blazer |FREE PDF Pattern| day 1 of the Sew along

EDITED: You have until the 30th of November to link your blazer to the flickr group to have a chance to win a free pattern for the Bubble Shorts pattern by DoGuincho. Read more about it here.

If you are new to my blog, you might not know that I have promised to share a pattern for the blazer I made my daughter when I competed in the Sew Off. If you were following already back then, well, I am sorry I kept you waiting for so long. If you haven't yet, you might want to check out the blazers my friend testers made. You'll love them, I'm so sure!

It was about time to give something back, since I've been getting so much from this wonderful sewing community, and keep up with my word. After all, I've always heard it's better late than never, right? And it's FREE so: please don't complain.

This pattern will fit a 18 months to 2 year old, but I believe it has space to grow - especially on the sleeves department. I guess it really depends on your child. Mine was…