I made this dress, way back in August when I did my first test for the Bumblebee Pattern by Sewing MamaRaeAnna. It was made for another baby girl from a blogger friend, we wanted to meet but for many reasons =( that never happen and I just knew as time passed that the dress would no longer fit her. Good thing, little after that we knew about J.'s pregnancy and the baby gender being a girl. I was happy I would have another girl to give this dress to.
So, for this dress I used a pillow cover I had bought a few years ago for 1€ only (I actually bought two), and the fabric was just enough for the dress. I mixed it with leftovers from the blue I used on my daughter's flamenco dress lining, and it was a perfect combination for me. This dress is also fully lined and the fabric I used for it was from a white sheet. It is a 6M size, with the front ruffle option on the front, and buttons to close on the back. I used green flower shaped, wodden buttons from my stash.
I was happy that I was able to use the mom and baby cow centered in the front of the dress, it was just by an inch, but it was possible. Everyone that has seen this dress has told me it is one of the cutest ones I have made so far, and I have to agree. I love it so much! I think it's the bright colours, put together with the solid blue. I just can't wait for summer to come and see baby L. wearing it.
I'm off now, please come back tomorrow to see what gift #3 baby L. got from us... I am sure, I will be making more items for her, but those were the ones she got for now.